Thursday, December 14, 2006
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm done!
Yesterday after work I went to the other house and completed my last task: replacing a 30 cent screw on the water level device in the toilet tank. If the new screw hadn't been barely 1mm wider than the previous one, and if, as a result of that increase in girth, the screwdriver hadn't slipped and gashed my thumb (twice), then it would have been a flawless hat trick for smacky, in terms of home repair. But I fixed the toilet, wrapped a tissue around my bleeding thumb, and walked through each room of the house, making sure nothing was overlooked. Closing and locking the door for the final time and driving away from that house for the final time, I fought the urge to giggle hysterically. It's all over except for the transfer of funds from them to us.This afternoon, in lieu of home repair, I'm going to make a couple of new playlists for the iPod. I haven't made one since summer, and I have some ideas for some good ones. I'll let you know what I decide to create.

