Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 

In a big country, dreams stay with you

We're taking tomorrow off. Laura is preparing Thanksgiving dinner for about 12 people and needs a day's head start! Personally, I'm looking forward to a long break, relaxing, watching some movies, and reading a book or two.
--------

If I had to name my favorite band of all time, I'd think about it for a moment before going with the name that popped into my head the second the question was asked: Big Country. Their songs are like anthems of hope, and they rock too. The lead singer committed suicide in 2001, and that effectively ended the band. The guitarist, Bruce Watson, is now in a new band called FOURGOODMEN along with some former members of Simple Minds. About this new band:

Between them, they have had almost 60 top 40 singles and 20 top 10 albums, 8 of them number 1's. Total records sold to date: 40,000,000. The band's debut show was at Glasgow Green, July 2005, performing to an audience of 15,000. Then top of the bill at The Mull of Kintyre Music Festival, Campbeltown, August 2005. Further high profile concerts and festivals in Scotland and Ireland have followed since. All sell outs. The band is:

I was very excited to learn yesterday that this band is currently touring America. Not only that, but Tuesday, November 28, they are playing a show 11 miles from my house! When I got home from work yesterday, I told Laura about it and she agreed to go with me so I got online and secured tickets! They usually play to huge audiences overseas, but we're going to see them in a club with a capacity of only 180 people! They're going to play hits from both bands (In a Big Country! Chance! Fields of Fire!) but also new material from their forthcoming CD. It's going to be a great show.



Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?