Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Democracy is a pain
I rocked the vote this morning, to the extreme! Actually, I stood in line for half an hour at a municipal community center. Of course, with no paper receipt and no log-in specific to me, there is no record of my vote anywhere... no proof of how I cast my ballot. The fact that the head of Diebold, the company that makes the machines, is a vocal Bush supporter doesn't fill me with optimism. Neither does the fact that the governor of Maryland told his supporters to use paper absentee ballots because he doesn't trust the machines! Sigh.
I had to drop a package off at the UPS store last night, so I stopped at the local chain bookstore on the way home, looking for this:
The new 2-CD set by Nellie McKay. She was signed to Columbia, and her first release was also a 2-CD set, but when she was ready to release this one, Columbia told her to cut some tracks and make it a single CD release. So she left Columbia and released this the way she wanted to on her own label. Yay for artistic integrity!
I had to drop a package off at the UPS store last night, so I stopped at the local chain bookstore on the way home, looking for this:

The new 2-CD set by Nellie McKay. She was signed to Columbia, and her first release was also a 2-CD set, but when she was ready to release this one, Columbia told her to cut some tracks and make it a single CD release. So she left Columbia and released this the way she wanted to on her own label. Yay for artistic integrity!
While I was walking to the register, I glanced over and saw this:
Over 500 pages of classic Kirby, none of which I've read before. Awesome.
Finally, this comic is a good representation of what I've been going through the last few months:
Comments:
<< Home
I was sooo tempted to pick up that Showcase volume Friday afternoon, but decided to snag Day of Vengeance instead, which was probably the best of the Infinite Crisis lead-ins. Two words: Detective Chimp.
Post a Comment
<< Home



