Monday, November 27, 2006
Back
Ah... what a relaxing break... five days off.
Laura cooked Thanksgiving for 12 people, and everything was delicious.
We all slept in this morning (me, wife, and pets), but I only got to work 15 minutes later than usual, which is still an hour and 45 minutes earlier than most people, so no worries.
Now it's back to the grind, handling work issues, gearing up for a discussion with the power company (The electricians who repaired the dryer plug after the surge are now saying they are denying the claim, saying it was not part of the surge, but we haven't received a bill, so WTF? I have to call this number now, but I feel like it will just be drawing attention to myself and they'll send a bill, but I have to do something because silence would equal acceptance to these people. Sigh.) And I have another huge pile of leaves to get up at the other house, I'm sure.
I watched Broken Flowers over the vacation. I felt like a moron for not "getting" the ending, but I read up on it this morning, and I realized it was purposely open-ended, and they inserted a little inside joke that you probably won't get at first viewing. It was still better than the ending of Lost in Translation. There, I said it.
Usually, there's only one thing to do when faced with a movie with an ambiguous ending:
Laura cooked Thanksgiving for 12 people, and everything was delicious.
We all slept in this morning (me, wife, and pets), but I only got to work 15 minutes later than usual, which is still an hour and 45 minutes earlier than most people, so no worries.
Now it's back to the grind, handling work issues, gearing up for a discussion with the power company (The electricians who repaired the dryer plug after the surge are now saying they are denying the claim, saying it was not part of the surge, but we haven't received a bill, so WTF? I have to call this number now, but I feel like it will just be drawing attention to myself and they'll send a bill, but I have to do something because silence would equal acceptance to these people. Sigh.) And I have another huge pile of leaves to get up at the other house, I'm sure.
I watched Broken Flowers over the vacation. I felt like a moron for not "getting" the ending, but I read up on it this morning, and I realized it was purposely open-ended, and they inserted a little inside joke that you probably won't get at first viewing. It was still better than the ending of Lost in Translation. There, I said it.Usually, there's only one thing to do when faced with a movie with an ambiguous ending:

