Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Tuesday is still a weekday

Today's picture has nothing to do with anything. It's just very amusing. Mark Trail thought the bear was a missing tame pet bear, so he called out to it and said "Come here, girl." Well, it did, and now he realizes it ain't no pet!
The wife is out of town until Thursday night, visiting her aunt. Wife and her sister got a call yesterday that they needed to come very soon, while her aunt was still "lucid." Apparently liver failure causes contaminants normally filtered by the liver to enter the bloodstream. They travel to the brain and can cause dementia comparable to Alzheimer's disease. So the news just gets more and more grim. I feel so bad for her aunt, who doesn't deserve this, and wife and her family, who have to cope with this.
The pets and I hung out on the bed last night reading and watching TV (the animals aren't big readers, so they mostly slept). I caught the second episode of Heroes, and it was better than the first. There's some shady elements that are a bit to X-Files, but the superpowers part is getting more interesting.
I'm currently reading this:
The Road to the Dark Tower: Exploring Stephen King's Magnum Opus by Bev Vincent. Yes, I haven't gotten enough of that world, even after 5,000+ pages in the seven books in the series. This book gives a lot of background about when King was working on each book, and the connections that you may not have noticed, for example, something mentioned in passing in book II that isn't seen again until book VII. This book also examines other titles of King's that tie in to the Dark Tower world.

