Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

Suddenly, everything turned around.

When I wrote my previous post, it looked like a long rainy weekend at home with a dog, two cats, and a TV. But I got a call at two in the afternoon Friday that changed all that. My wife called from Atlanta and said her aunt's funeral was Saturday morning, she and her mom were driving to the river Saturday afternoon, arriving late that night, and I should go to the river. I thought about heading down there Saturday morning, as holiday, friday afternoon, rainy, rush hour traffic sounded like hell, but I asked our dog if we should go, and she ran to the front door and demanded to leave. The traffic did indeed suck, but we got there Friday night around 10:30.
Spent Saturday doing nothing as the rain continued to pour down.

Laura arrived Saturday night around 1am. Our six days apart were the longest we'd been apart since we first met in 2000.

Sunday night she made a fantastic birthday dinner.

Monday she made a great birthday breakfast.

It turned out to be a great birthday.

Comments:
Awww. I'm happy that you had a nice birthday. Hugs hugs hugs.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?