Monday, October 30, 2006
Pro-Duc-Tive
Two teen girls in matching French maid costumes. One of them drunk and belligerent. The other stated the day before that she hates that blonde bitch. Fry guy is about to have about 12 fantasies come true at once as the girls catfight over him.Funky Winkerbean is usually a very depressing comic. They just finished a storyline about a woman with recurring cancer taking a trip to the Grand Canyon with her husband, who hates his job as a teacher so much that ANY comment that reminds him of teaching sends him into a rage. So it wasn't exactly the poignant vacation they were hoping for. And I'm sure this story will turn into a portrayal of teen alcoholism, and blondie will either get her stomach pumped or die in a car crash. But if you weren't familiar with the strip, you'd think that maybe some wrestling about to happen.
=============
Considering we only gained one hour over the weekend, I got quite a bit done. Saturday we went to a funeral, an after-funeral reception, and dinner with Laura's dad and stepmom. Sunday I got up at 7 (which was now 6), had coffee, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the basement, had another cup of coffee, went to the other house and got up eight bags of leaves from the yard, stopped by the grocery store, stopped by the drug store, had lunch, installed and activated the satellite radio in my car, ran a load of laundry, cleaned the guestroom, took a shower, put the clean laundry away, took a nap, read some, had dinner, watched Family Guy, read more, and went to sleep around 11:30.
Now we can look forward to it getting dark by 5. I don't care for that. Now the sun is up as a drive to work, but so what? I'd rather have it sunny when I can enjoy it, not when I'm in my windowless office.

