Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Praise from strangers can be so validating!

Ha Ha!


So far my biggest achievement this week has been making runner-up for Quote of the Week on Comics Curmudgeon. That in itself is indeed a grand achievement, but wait! I made the list TWICE!

Behold...

“And Ian: Making a joke at Aldo’s funeral. I can’t wait to see you have a heart attack on the toilet.” –smacky

“The majority of Gil Thorp takes place after something has happened: ‘Well, we lost that game!’ ‘Hey, I saw someone tearing down posters!’ ‘I dropped out of the race!’ It’s an interesting creative choice to concentrate solely on the conversations that take place between the rare moments of excitement.” –smacky

Having made the top twenty twice in the same week on that site will likely be the highlight of my week, so stop by the site and savor my accolades!

Also, take a look at the dates on poor Aldo's tombstone. They read 1935 - 2096. Even if they just made a typo (engravo?) and it is supposed to be 2006, our boy Aldo was 71 when he died! Our horny, vibrant, youthful, hard-drinking stalker was 71 years old! Damn! I'll have what he's having!


Comments:
1935? I was 25 years off!

Engravo! I am totally going to find a way to use that.
 
Also, I stole/modified that graveyard image. My apologies.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?