Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Power Surge Aftermath

Our county had some sort of strange power surge in their electrical grid back in September, with hundreds of houses across the county getting fried in some way. I was at our other place, mowing the lawn and checking out the inside, when I noticed scorch marks around the dryer outlet. I checked the circuits and saw that the circuit for the dryer had been tripped. I turned it back on and heard a loud pop, as it tripped off again.

Yes, our other house (the empty one for sale) was one of the houses affected by the "event." After a series of calls, it worked out that an elctrician was scheduled to stop by yesterday and check things out. I met him at the house around 5:30, and he confirmed that the outlet is fine, but the dryer has a short in it somewhere.

He told me to call his company again and explain the findings, and to make an appointment with their appliance repair folks. Did that this morning, and they'll be coming by tomorrow sometime (calling me before they arrive). The good thing has been that the bills are going to the county, so it's no out-of-pocket expense for us.
===============

In TV news, Heroes is getting good, with the different plots coming together. Like most people, Hiro (the Japanese guy) is my favorite character, as he's having such a good time with his powers and is just having a great time crossing America. Funniest part: He sits down in the diner, opens the menu, and says "Waffles! Woo hoo!" He keeps the show from taking itself too seriously. Like many geeks, his philosophy is a mix of Star Wars, Star Trek, and comic books.

Comments:
Heck yes for the county having to pay for your repair!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?