Friday, October 27, 2006

 

New Music Friday!


It's been a while since I mentioned any new music on the blog, mostly because nothing that's come out recently has excited me much. But today I have something: Lily Allen.

Her songs are a mix of reggae and ska, and her lyrics are really good. You can hear full length versions of songs on her website lilyallenmusic.com. Track 3, Smile, is an early favorite. The song starts with the lines, When you first left me, I was wanting more, but you were fucking that girl next door. Whatja do that for?

How could you not love that?

===============================

The dryer at our other house is now fixed. It took three hours of the workday on Wednesday, and two guys. The appliance repairman said the dryer was fine and the outlet was bad. So we called the main office and they sent the electrician from Monday out to check it. The electrician swore the dryer was bad and the outlet was fine. They didn't really come to an agreement over it. The appliance guy dismantled and reassembled the dryer, not finding anything, and the electrician changed the outlet, saying "I'll bet my paycheck it's the dryer and not the outlet."

He plugged the dryer into the new outlet and it worked. Huh. Someone owes someone a paycheck! I wish I'd made that bet with him. I'll bet electricians make a lot of money (definitely more per hour than an editor!).

Rain this weekend, 40 MPH winds, and a funeral to attend. So my weekend isn't looking like a barrel of fun yet.

Here's a comic that's also a valuable lesson:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?