Friday, September 22, 2006

 

Priorities







Well, Aldo completed a full hour of drinking and driving before plummeting off a cliff. And you have to love how he lets go of the wheel but keeps a death grip on the bottle. Yeah!


I was walking up some stairs this morning and heard my knee pop, and I made up a joke:

Why did the man confuse the tree surgeon and the knee surgeon?

Because they both work on limbs.

Okay, so the knee surgeon actually works on joints, so maybe I should say:

Why did the man confuse the knee surgeon and Tommy Chong?

Because they both work on joints!


Which joke is better?

**********************

Giving New Shows a Chance, Part IV

Last night I gave the new ABC show Six Degrees a shot. The premise is the Kevin Bacon game, but with a Hallmark Family Channel vibe to it. Our six characters are introduced: Three males (Latino, African American, and the white guy from Dying Young, who apparently didn't), and three females (white, whiter, and that ivory-skinned, albino-looking gal from Swimfan). The premise wasn't very interesting, actually. Or rather, it's been done so many times before in movies and other TV shows in the past decade that there's nothing new here. The flashbacks on Lost for the past two seasons have been based on the same concept that everyone is connected somehow, as a recent example. The characters are somewhat likeable (some more than others), but I won't be tuning in again. Sorry.


Comments:
Oh man, I turned off Six Degrees right after that blonde girl got out of jail or whatever. So, about three minutes into the show.

Did you watch The Office? COMEDY GOLD.
 
How does Aldo have such a nice car? Man, I love that he's drinking and driving, but is still wearing his seatbelt.
 
Yeah, always wear your seatbelt when you guzzle scotch behind the wheel!
 
Dude, I am so mad because I'm all into Mary Worth now. I just googled it and I don't know why I was surprised.
 
Oh man, that sounded bad. I'm into the comic strip, not her.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?