Sunday, August 20, 2006

 

Who's got new friends?


Well, too bad. I'm going to tell you anyway! Laura and I, one of your more antisocial couples, actually made friends with another couple over the weekend! This is huge, because most of our friends have moved away, gotten married, had a child, and dropped off the face of the Earth. Outside of family, our list of social engagements looks like a nun's. To have another couple to do things with is awesome. And the guy's into a lot of geek things I'm into, and the girl is freaking hilarious. Yes, we're excited. Losing friends is a drag, and making new ones in the real world ain't like school. You don't just meet people on the bus.

Laura's mother invited two former coworkers and their spouses to visit for the weekend at the river. Her mom said that the couples were closer to our age than hers. Saturday morning I got up and drove into town and got a haircut, returning around 11. We decided to go next door and introduce ourselves to the visitors. They were already in the pool and had opened the first bottle of wine. This is a good sign. Turns out all four visitors are no more than five years older at the most. And they are a hoot. We laughed the entire weekend. And they live in Silver Spring, so they're no more than a 20 minute drive away from our place in DC.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?