Friday, August 04, 2006

 

Today's "Greatest Thing Ever"

Today I give you a link to something genius. Something that proves I'm not the only one obsessed with the current Mary Worth storyline. For your reading pleasure:

Stalker Aldo: To the tune of the Eagles' "Desperado"

Slight change of plans this weekend. My wife's friend has to work, so they aren't going to the river. My Solitary Weekend Spent On The Sofa In My Underpants (or MSWSOTSIMU, for short) is now going to have an audience. Of course since I already accepted that elderly neighbor's dinner invitation, I still have to go alone to that, while Laura hides out in our house. Sheesh.

I had a 20% off coupon for a CD at Borders, so we went yesterday evening and I browsed the aisles, not sure what to pick up. I ended up choosing Savane, by Ali Farka Touré. Review snippet from Amazon: The great African guitarist and bluesman Ali Farka Touré's final solo studio album was recorded in his native Mali toward the end of his life, when the artist knew his days were numbered. He spent his last years in his home village of Niafunké, concentrating on farming and family matters, jamming with local musicians in the evening. This impassioned, roots-drenched, mostly acoustic valedictory finds the Maestro's stalking rhythms and high-noon-at-the-crossroads, dusty desert-to-delta vocals in no less than life-summing form.

Southern blues from the edge of the Sahara desert in Africa. Perfect music for these 100 degree days. I'll post a review over the weekend. I know you can't wait!



And just so we're clear...
















Okay???

Comments:
her hot cocoa? duuuuude.
 
. . . you read Mary Worth?
 
.....is this some sort of euphemism?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?