Wednesday, August 23, 2006

 

Day to day to day to day...

The woman that wants to buy our house (but needs to sell her condo first) came to Sunday's open house, making the number of times she's visited the place either seven or eight. When she heard we lowered the price on our house, she lowered the price on her condo. We're all really motivated. We just need to find a couple of buyers.

I watched opening day coverage of the World Series of Poker main event on ESPN last night while reading. The event concluded several weeks ago, so everyone knows who ultimately won the final table and the $12 million. Kind of silly for ESPN to delay coverage for so long. Oh well, it's still fun to watch. A lot of big names went out the very first day, including some who had won the event in past years. This year over 8,000 people ponied up the $10,000 entrance fee to give it a shot. Can you imagine paying $10,000 and losing the first day, or the first hour (as many did)? $10,000 for less than an hour. Does even the highest price prostitute charge $10,000 an hour? Seems like a silly way to spend that money. It's all because the last few years amateurs have won the event, so now every shmuck with a weekly home game thinks he or she can be champion. I enjoy playing but I have no such delusions. I'd be sucked into going all in against Phil Helmuth and get spanked on national television. I wouldn't last a day against pros.

We're going to dinner with Laura's dad and stepmother tonight. They're moving to North Carolina before the end of the week, so they wanted to get together one last time. Considering she wasn't speaking to her father when I first met her, our relationship with her father has gotten downright friendly. If you can't picture how she felt about her dad when I first met her, it was something like this:

Well, okay, not that dramatic. I just wanted to post a part of today's Mary Worth. She's given up being polite and is now three seconds away from macing poor Aldo.

But the first year we were married, my wife had a standing order in our house that if her father called, she was at the grocery store. The lie only got awkward when he called at 9PM. "Um, yeah, she had an urge for ice cream. Yeah, that's why she went to the store so late..."

Now we all get along, and they're moving, so it will be a non-issue in less than five days anyway.

Comments:
Does even the highest price prostitute charge $10,000 an hour?

No, they don't. Please don't ask me how I know this.
 
Dude, go Mary! It's like that episode of Malcolm in the Middle where Lois just tore every one of Craig's fantasies about the two of them into tiny pieces.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?