Thursday, August 03, 2006

 

100 degrees again (yet not a post about the weather...)

Grrface is right, rape isn't funny. But Mary Worth, a fictional senior citizen, having a stalker with a bowlcut, a mustache, a tiny red Pee Wee Herman bowtie, and the last name Kelrast (Stalker)? HILARIOUS...

From De:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your Blog/Live Journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag five people.

So... A guy with one hand in his pocket looks armed and dangerous. A guy with both hands in his pockets looks relaxed and lazy. No threat. I took a breath and walked back into the room, noisily.

(From Persuader, by Lee Child. The book I happen to have with me today.)

I'm skipping step 6, as De tagged most of the people I know. I don't have a lot of friends, sorry! Chain letters and e-mail forwards die with me too. I don't pass that stuff on. I usually check Snopes.com and send the link to the person that sent the forward to me, and I gently explain that it's an urban legend and he/she shouldn't pass it on without checking into it first.

We've all known people like this at some point, right?






I'm referring not to Margo, whose carefree attitude, though seemingly harsh, is actually refreshing, but to Tommie, the person who simply cares too much. Cries watching news reports, cries seeing roadkill, gets passionate in any sort of discussion to the point that a conversation about the films of Gene Hackman will likely end in tears and hurt feelings. (Yeah, OK, so Margo is sort of a bitch, but that's how she rolls. You don't like it, don't live with her.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?