Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Thursday is the new Friday!

I mowed two lawns yesterday, because, face it, it wouldn't be a normal week if smacky didn't mention mowing two lawns. Some days I can put this blog on autopilot. This could be a paste of a post from 13 months ago! Has anyone seen Revenge of the Sith yet? Kidding, I'm writing this in 2006.

I must have been very good recently, because my wife is making amazing dinners. Not that she doesn't always, but I'm not the pickiest person on the planet, and in a pinch I'll eat a portion of almost any kind of food. Last night we had steak, new potatoes, and asparagus. (I really like asparagus, especially if it's the very thin tender spears, and while I'll choke down most vegetables, asparagus is something I actually like.)

Tomorrow is our company picnic, so I won't be in the office (thus this post's title). It's a pretty sweet deal. If you come to the picnic (which doesn't start until 10:30), you can stay a few hours, then leave and have the afternoon free. And you get paid for the entire day as if you had been behind your desk! It's taking place at a park with batting cages, miniature golf, and two swimming pools. I figure an hour in the batting cage, an hour socializing with fellow employees (i.e., making myself seen to prove my attendance), then checking out after a hot dog and a soda.

I want one of these (OK, I want two, actually and it also comes in gold, so I want two of those as well. I just didn't want to sound greedy):


First appearance Iron Man. How incredibly retro and cool is that? I love this buckethead. Even if the guy inside is sometimes a tortured alcoholic. See the really nerdy, detailed history of Iron Man on Wikipedia.





From the meaning of life to toys in three posts. Not bad, huh?

Comments:
Some might argue that toys ARE the meaning of life.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?