Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 

Taking Care of Business


Still riding a post-vacation high, I stopped at Home Depot after work and picked up a few items for the, um, home...

I got a ceiling fan, ceiling fan remote, 9-volt batteries, a six-pack of 60-watt bulbs, and a roll of electrical tape. One and a half hours later, the formerly fanless bedroom now has a fan that can be controlled with a remote. The remote controls both fan speed and the light. I finished before dinner and didn't electrocute myself!

Since I was on a roll, I took the overhead light that had been in the bedroom and installed it on the sun porch, replacing an old ugly brass thing the former owners had chosen. That only took about 15 minutes, since it was just matching wire colors, tightening the wire caps, and putting the glass dome in place.

I watched two episodes of the World Series of Pop Culture last night on VH1, and I'm either proud or ashamed that over two episodes, I only missed three questions. I didn't recognize the lyrics to Full House (proud to miss that one), and I couldn't remember the nickname Rudy gave her friend on the Cosby Show. (The answer was "Bud." The woman even said it in the same voice Rudy did on the show. Awesome.) Two more episodes come on tonight at 10. Sixteen teams are competing, with the final winner getting $250,000.

Comments:
You should be proud. I think...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?