Monday, July 10, 2006

 

Smiling coyly. Or is it just gas?

I don't want to jinx anything by talking about it in too specific terms, but good things may be on their way. Fingers crossed, lads and lasses...

In other news, I'm back. We got home yesterday around 4 p.m., and I immediately changed clothes and mowed the lawn. After 12 days of neglect, the backyard was getting mighty high. Luckily it was a mostly dry 12 days, so no wet grass with which to contend. Finished up the lawn around 5:30 and the wife had ordered pizza and picked up some beer. Yay! Simpsons, Family Guy, and Dead Zone, then to sleep.

Nearly got mad this morning, as the coffee maker didn't want to make coffee. The machine turned on, then turned off when I pushed the "brew" button. But after 10 minutes of futzing with it (including turning it upside down and shaking it), whatever had been wrong corrected, and coffee flowed. Again, yay!

Got to work and zipped through a week of e-mails, finding no major emergencies I had missed. I did, however, have a new job assignment waiting for me. Just before vacation, I was talking to a fellow editor about her latest book project. It's an extremely interesting topic, but written in a very dry manner that sucks all the interest out of it. I told her I'd take a crack at spicing up just the first paragraph of the introduction, as an example she could show the author. About 30 minutes later I returned it to her. While I was gone, she showed it to our boss, and now our boss wants me to rewrite much of the book. Can you believe that? WOW!!!!

This is turning into the finest July ever.

Again, don’t want to jinx anything. I’ll just sit here and smile to myself for a while, sipping my coffee.


Comments:
Could this mean a co-author credit in your future?
 
Ja das ist fantastish!
buy viagra
cheap viagra online
Bye
 
Good morning, interesting.
my page [url=http://viagra-store.info/]viara[/url].
Here you can buy http://viagra-store.info#viagra best.
Bye-bye.
 
Good evening, thanks author.
My site here [url=http://www.youthpeer.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=327]viara[/url].
Buy http://www.youthpeer.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=327#viagra cheap.
Bye-bye.
 
Good morning, nice design.
Look at my site [url=http://bowtrol-herbal.info]viagra[/url].
Here you can buy http://bowtrol-herbal.info#viagra best prices.
thanks a lot.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?