Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Quick list
Instead of being whiney person number 13,543,456,667,654,323,123,111 wondering about the nature of the universe and my role in it, I've decided to put that on hold for a while and just make a short list of things that make me happy. Because in a zen sort of way, that answers that question, doesn't it?
So here's a quick list off the top of my head (in no particular order):
1) Sunny Saturday mornings filled with the promise of relaxation and/or adventure. Even if they don't lead anywhere.
2) The music of the Go-Betweens.
3) Music in general.
4) Getting about 25% through a book and realizing I love it and never want it to end.
5) Laura's smile.
6) Sitting in a chair in the backyard 10 minutes after finishing mowing the lawn and looking at it (the yard, not the chair).
7) The first sip of a cold beer after mowing a big yard in 95 degree heat.
8) Our pets: The way Buzz follows me around in the morning meowing for attention, the way Maddie grabs my wrist so I'll scratch behind her ears, the way Lexi is so excited when I get home you'd think I was a celebrity.
9) Slipping in to fresh clean sheets on a bed.
10) Seeing my name on the copyright page when a new book I worked on comes out.
and bonus # 11:
11) The feel of warm dry sand under my feet.
So here's a quick list off the top of my head (in no particular order):
1) Sunny Saturday mornings filled with the promise of relaxation and/or adventure. Even if they don't lead anywhere.
2) The music of the Go-Betweens.
3) Music in general.
4) Getting about 25% through a book and realizing I love it and never want it to end.
5) Laura's smile.
6) Sitting in a chair in the backyard 10 minutes after finishing mowing the lawn and looking at it (the yard, not the chair).
7) The first sip of a cold beer after mowing a big yard in 95 degree heat.
8) Our pets: The way Buzz follows me around in the morning meowing for attention, the way Maddie grabs my wrist so I'll scratch behind her ears, the way Lexi is so excited when I get home you'd think I was a celebrity.
9) Slipping in to fresh clean sheets on a bed.
10) Seeing my name on the copyright page when a new book I worked on comes out.
and bonus # 11:
11) The feel of warm dry sand under my feet.
Comments:
<< Home
I just deleted a very long paragraph on how you might be able to do all those at once. It involves your bed being outdoors, so I doubt it's practical.
Post a Comment
<< Home

