Tuesday, July 18, 2006

 

How 'bout that heat, huh?

Yesterday I slept 30 minutes later than usual, but still got to work on time. (Of course, having flex time, it means I couldn't actually be "late." I could work 10-6 if I wanted.) This morning, I awoke 30 minutes earlier than usual, and decided to get up and have a slow cup of coffee and watch the local news. The big news is the weather: 100 degrees yesterday, 98 degrees today, with code red air quality, meaning don't go outside, don't mow the lawn, don't check the mail, don't do anything!

In that spirit, yesterday after work I measured a closet for shelves I want to make and install. Of course I'm also lazy, so if I can find shelving anywhere near the actual size I need, that would be ideal. Closet size: 14 inches deep by 26 inches wide. Who designed this thing? Went to Home Depot, but the deepest shelf they have is 12 inches, and that will not do. Returned home with no purchase. I might have to actually buy wood and cut and sand it myself. How annoying.

Comments:
It was so hot yesterday that I saw a robin dipping its worm in Nestea.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?