Friday, June 16, 2006

 

Everybody's Got Something to Hide, 'Cept for Me and My Monkey

Love that Beatles song! Anyway... I got home yesterday afternoon and found a box sitting on the front porch. Could it be? Yes! Yes it is! My Planet of the Apes package arrived! Five days after it shipped, using the free shipping option. Awesome.

I removed the ape from the packaging, opened the back and looked at the DVDs (they come in a very neat compact book) and put everything back in the box. This ape and I are going on a weekend roadtrip. I wonder if having the ape and my dog in the car allows me to use the HOV lane? Maybe if I let the ape do the driving.

Oh, and for the truly geeky that care about such things, the included certificate says I got Ape # 186 out of 10,000. That makes it more valuable, because it's such a low number (kidding. Just using some faulty e-bay logic here...).

So this weekend will be spent alternating between swimming and watching apes battle man. Rock on.

Comments:
The certificate of authenticity floors me. Watch out for those bootleg ape sets!
 
Oh yeah, I forgot my random apes quote:

"NOW! Fight like APES!!"
 
You've gotta love that ebay logic.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?