Wednesday, June 14, 2006
The deep discounts keep coming

As De mentioned last week, Deep Discount DVD is having their big 20% off sale, with 20% off their already freaky low prices. Last week (like De) I ordered Planet of the Apes - The Ultimate DVD Collection - With Ape Head Packaging. The set includes all five original movies, the complete TV series, the complete cartoon series, the Tim Burton remake, and a ton of bonus features, for a total of 14 DVDs worth of ape love. Amazon has it for $143 (it was $161 on their site last week... odd), but with the discount, I got it for $96, with free shipping. I also picked up the 25th anniversary edition of Martin Scorsese's The Last Waltz for $6.
I thought I was done, but yesterday being Tuesday, that means new DVD releases. Specifically, the fourth season of Dead Zone came out yesterday. Most places have it for between $24 and $29 on sale. Since Deep Discount's sale is still going on, I checked their site, entered another promo code, and got it for $17, with free shipping. My wife actually likes this show too, so anything resembling sci-fi we can watch together, I'm getting. You can only use one promo code per order, so make a list of what you want. Of course, there are a ton of promo codes available (I used USATODAY and SUPERSALE), so if you find something you missed, it's no problem. But the sale ends Saturday, and they won't do it again until sometime in November, so take advantage of it while you can.
Comments:
<< Home
Where are you going to put your ape head? I think it'd go great next to your alarm clock. Seeing that thing would certainly jar *me* awake in the morning.
I have the set in hand (the first episode of the TV series is playing now) and the box is huge. The bust of Caesar looks like it's 1/4-scale - the perfect size for placement next to the alarm clock.
Oh yeah, use a sharp knife to carefully cut through the tape holding the styrofoam together.
Post a Comment
Oh yeah, use a sharp knife to carefully cut through the tape holding the styrofoam together.
<< Home

