Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

The continuing (mis)adventures of Smacky's right leg

Yesterday after work, we went over to the other house (soon to be on the market again, if you know anyone moving to the DC area...) to check out the newly refinished floors and touch up some trim paint. I removed my work shoes so as not to damage the floors with my duck feet (I wear size 11 shoes, which are pretty large for a guy under six feet tall. Yet I still fall over and trip all the time. Odd).

After about an hour dabbing paint here and there, we started to move a few random items of furniture back into different rooms. The final (and most unwieldy) piece was a chest of drawers. We were lifting it and carrying it small distances, so we wouldn't scrape the floor. Turning the corner into the other room, my wife decides to put her end of the chest down without telling me. The extra weight transferred to my side caused my fingers to slip, and the chest came down on the big toe of my right leg. I was only wearing socks. You recall everything else I've done to this leg in the past two weeks: poison ivy on the ankle, bruise on the thigh, and sledge hammer to the second biggest toe. Now I can add "bruised big toe" to the list. Sheesh.

Comments:
Your leg should have its own episode of Seinfeld.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?