Thursday, June 01, 2006
Cheers to the father-in-law. Jeers to poison ivy.
My father-in-law called yesterday afternoon and said he could drive down after work and help me install the new ceiling fan in the other house. I mowed the lawn (again, in 90-degree heat) and he showed up around 7. We went to the other house and got to work. We climbed the newly purchased, 8-foot ladder, pulled down the ancient, non-working fan the previous owners had left us, assembled the new one (A Hunter 52-inch model. A thing of beauty.), and installed it, along with a new fan-speed dial next to the light switch. It looks great.
Finally got back home around 10:30, took another shower and collapsed on the bed.
The upside of the gel that dries poison ivy: Stops the itching for a while.
The downside of the gel that dries poison ivy: Hours later, I want to take a garden trowel to my shins and just claw away at them. Poison ivy sucks. I've had it on my face so badly my eyes have swollen shut.
Finally got back home around 10:30, took another shower and collapsed on the bed.
The upside of the gel that dries poison ivy: Stops the itching for a while.
The downside of the gel that dries poison ivy: Hours later, I want to take a garden trowel to my shins and just claw away at them. Poison ivy sucks. I've had it on my face so badly my eyes have swollen shut.
At least this time it's localized to my lower legs.
Comments:
<< Home
What an optimist would say "I may have poison ivy on my legs, but at least I have a new ceiling fan."
What anyone else would say "Ahhh! I've got poison ivy on my legs!"
...would you like to borrow my garden trowel?
What anyone else would say "Ahhh! I've got poison ivy on my legs!"
...would you like to borrow my garden trowel?
As long as you're already itchy, you think you could fly down here to dig up the poison ivy infestation in my garden? I'll pay you in Calamine.
Post a Comment
<< Home

