Monday, May 01, 2006

 

Why my wife rocks!


The Monkey Versus Robot post the other day was really a post about how cool my wife is. This post continues that thread.

Yesterday evening we were returning from the river, and stopped in Fredericksburg to go to Five Guys for dinner. One burger with cheese, pickle, mushrooms, onion, mustard, and ketchup for me, one grilled cheese with tomato for her, an order of fries shared between us (the regular size still overflows the cup they put them in and fill the bottom of the bag. We couldn't finish them. You must get a free meal if you can finish a large order of fries!).

After we finished, we stopped by the Wal-Mart in the same complex. As De knows, I've been anticipating the arrival of the Wal-Mart exclusive wave of Marvel Legends. Rather than waste expensive gas driving to random Wal-Marts in vain, I've been tracking the sightings on various web sites. (Yeah, I'm a geek, so?) As of last Thursday, they hadn't appeared in Fredericksburg, so I didn't have high hopes they'd be there yesterday. Ah, but there they were in a nearly untouched display. You can read the review and see pics in the link above, if you're so inclined. If not, I won't bore you with details, except to say that with my wife carrying half of them, and I got all ten figures in the line and two two-packs.

When you own two houses, money can become an issue of concern. One month, the A/C might crap out in one of the houses, and you need ready cash to fix it. As a result, I rarely blow $100 on something without at least mentioning it to my wife first. So she knew about these when I mentioned them a week ago, and when we found them yesterday, she said "Go ahead and get all the ones you want and hand some to me."

Two other examples of how cool she is:

(1) Over the weekend, she was standing in front of a mirror and said "My hair is doing Angelina Jolie's baby." I asked what she meant, and she said "It's all spikey on top for some reason." I said, "Oh... Max." She said it was scary I knew the kid's name, and I said it's no more scary than her referencing the kid like that, knowing I'd get it.

(2) This morning I did a bit more research on what could be happening with the GD sump pump (running, but not pumping water), and I told her I believe the problem is likely air lock. I need to check to see if there is a 3/16th hole drilled in the pipe to the pump, and if not, drill one today after work. She responded, "Well you need to find yourself a Ford Prefect. He knows what to do in an airlock situation." Holy shit! My wife just referenced Douglas Adams!

Oh, a friend of ours is having a baby soon (very soon; due May 19th). She e-mailed pictures of the baby's room. I know a baby needs to be stimulated, but could you sleep in this room? I think it might be sensory overload:



Comments:
Zee goggles! Zey do nussink!

No joy with the Wal-Mart wave here in Darwin's Waiting Room this afternoon. Looks like I'll have to swing by again tomorrow after work. I think the only one I really have to have at this point is the variant Wolverine just so I can complete Giant-Man once the others are bought.

I think I'll cap off the evening with some Centurions.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?