Monday, May 15, 2006

 

Wait, Monday already???

Wow, this weekend went by fast. That's what happens when you're working your ass off. Still have houseguests (day um... day 12), and they're still cleaning out their mother's house! They rented a pick-up and my father-in-law (the girls' father) and I loaded it up and made repeated trips to a storage unit on Saturday, hauling big pieces of furniture the girls want but can't take home with them yet. Each trip from the truck required the following:

(1) Enter the seven-digit code to enter the building.

(2) Enter the seven-digit code again to enter the elevator (and go one floor down. Yes, their stuff is being stored underground, like military secrets, or the Ark of the Covenant!)

(3) Haul the items to the end of a hallway, turn left, go to the other far end of the hallway, turn left again. Yep, the storage unit is as far from the elevator as possible.

We did that seven times on Saturday. And four more times on Sunday.

Today is trash day in their mother's neighborhood, so when we returned from the storage center yesterday (in pouring rain), we had to fill up the back of the truck with heavy, soaking wet trash bags and drive them up the hill to unload them at the curb.

I took a shower and fell asleep last night at 10.

Woke up this morning and tip-toed around, getting dressed in the dark (again) and sneaking out the door.

I think they're here three more days.

Oh, but at least I remembered to send my mother 20 tulips and a balloon to her office on Friday for Mother's Day. And I called her yesterday. So now I've got points as a good son and a good in-law. Rock on.

Comments:
For Mother's Day, I had a huge screaming fight with my mother.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?