Friday, May 12, 2006

 

Toys mocking people make me smile

So this week has been LONG. We've had houseguests of one kind or another every day since May 4, and I'm not certain when it will end. Sneaking around every morning getting ready for work, helping them load boxes after work, dinner is always a big production of "Where do you wanna eat? I don't know, what do you feel like?" Damn, I felt like eating an hour ago, but I'm not hungry anymore.

I decided I needed a distraction, something that would lift my mood in small doses. No, I didn't turn to illicit drugs. I picked up Robot Chicken. Watching the 15 minute show a few episodes at a time on DVD, that's the way to do it. The jokes come so fast, and there are so many episodes I missed, it's been a treat to crash on the sofa and watch toys kick each other in the groin. Watching the credits, It's amazing the number of celebrities that have voiced themselves on the show. And some of them haven't been the most flattering storylines. Corey Haim and Corey Feldman voiced themselves as mercenaries, but ultimately they're sitting at a bus stop, and Corey Haim says, "And that's what it would be like if we had our own jet."

Comments:
Robot Chicken is great, but I'm a sucker for anything involving animated action figures.

Speaking of Corey Haim, I have a DVD somewhere where he tries oh so desperately to regain his Tiger Beat fans after his drug arrest.

However, that same DVD also has instructions on how to use a prosthetic device for the area where you watched toys get kicked.
 
Either of you guys into Twisted Toyfare Theater? Robot Chicken writers Matt Senreich and Tom Root were former TTT writers. Good stuff.
 
Damn straight! I still pick it up now and then.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?