Thursday, May 25, 2006
Dis, Dat, and da udder
Sorry this is going to be a disjointed post.
One of my authors is very sick. When he was working on his first book with us, he had a stroke. He recovered and finished the book, which has become a popular title of ours. I was working with him on topics to cover in the second volume, and hadn't heard from him since early May. Yesterday he sent a letter saying he regrets that he can't continue work on the book since his kidneys are failing and he's started dialysis. He included a list of three other people he recommends to take his place and continue writing the book. It's really sad, because he's a great guy, a pleasure to work with, with lots of interesting ideas. I can't believe he's dying.
==================
I need to watch the final episode of Lost again before I make any comments about it. Lots of information to absorb. Overall, I was satisfied with it. Though I wanted to see Hurley beat the crap out of Michael. But he took the high road and left Michael to his shame.
Luckily, I've got a four-day weekend to ponder it.
==================
I'm a horrible brother. My sister's birthday was last Friday, and when I couldn't find her phone number, I just gave up and didn't call. I could have gotten the number in 10 seconds from my parents, but I'm monumentally lame. I'm going to send a late gift instead.
=================
Seacrest out (sound of a shotgun blast)! See ya Tuesday.
One of my authors is very sick. When he was working on his first book with us, he had a stroke. He recovered and finished the book, which has become a popular title of ours. I was working with him on topics to cover in the second volume, and hadn't heard from him since early May. Yesterday he sent a letter saying he regrets that he can't continue work on the book since his kidneys are failing and he's started dialysis. He included a list of three other people he recommends to take his place and continue writing the book. It's really sad, because he's a great guy, a pleasure to work with, with lots of interesting ideas. I can't believe he's dying.
==================
I need to watch the final episode of Lost again before I make any comments about it. Lots of information to absorb. Overall, I was satisfied with it. Though I wanted to see Hurley beat the crap out of Michael. But he took the high road and left Michael to his shame.
Luckily, I've got a four-day weekend to ponder it.
==================
I'm a horrible brother. My sister's birthday was last Friday, and when I couldn't find her phone number, I just gave up and didn't call. I could have gotten the number in 10 seconds from my parents, but I'm monumentally lame. I'm going to send a late gift instead.
=================
Seacrest out (sound of a shotgun blast)! See ya Tuesday.

