Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

Thought of the day

Can you imagine if the clothing styles people choose as teens followed them the rest of their lives? All the guys who were wearing super-baggy jeans five years ago would now be in the workplace, wearing size 48 long dress pants, cinched with a belt. Of course, their bosses would be wearing acid-wash jeans, parachute pants, and "Members Only" jackets.

The girl who had her own "unique" style in school would now be 40, wearing tights, plaid skirt, polka-dot shirt, ballet slippers, and a bath robe to the big board meeting, with her hair dyed pink and 50 rubber bracelets on each arm.

The CEO would likely have the pastel Miami Vice look going on, white shoes with no socks, and stubble.

And the poor goth kids! Forced to apply white face and heavy mascara forever!

There's definitely a reason kids go through all this. Thank God it's not permanent.

Comments:
And you? What would you be wearing?
 
I wish I could get away with dressing like a 50's housewife.
 
Somewhat sadly, with a few minor exceptions, I'd be wearing exactly what I am wearing today. I'd like to think I'd still have my checkered Vans slip-ons, though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?