Friday, February 03, 2006
I'm scared of my wife's new phone.
My wife just purchased a phone that should be voted most likely to gain sentience and take over the world. Let's call it Skynet. That way, I can just take a quote from Terminator 2 to describe it:
Terminator: The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.
Sarah Connor: Skynet fights back.
Terminator: Yes. It launches its missiles against the targets in Russia.
John Connor: Why attack Russia? Aren't they our friends now?
Terminator: Because Skynet knows the Russian counter-attack will eliminate its enemies over here.
The phone has wireless internet, a camera, MP3 player, every Microsoft program (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), and a grazillion (my new word) other things. It might actually let you make and receive calls too. I'm not sure about that, though.

I still have a hand-me-down phone she gave me two upgrades ago. It has chew marks on it where her mother's dog got a hold of it. But since I use a cell phone maybe twice a month, I have no desire for a new one.
We both geek out over things, but not always the same things. Keeps it interesting. In the meantime, I'm keeping an eye on that phone. For the sake of us all...
Terminator: The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.
Sarah Connor: Skynet fights back.
Terminator: Yes. It launches its missiles against the targets in Russia.
John Connor: Why attack Russia? Aren't they our friends now?
Terminator: Because Skynet knows the Russian counter-attack will eliminate its enemies over here.
The phone has wireless internet, a camera, MP3 player, every Microsoft program (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), and a grazillion (my new word) other things. It might actually let you make and receive calls too. I'm not sure about that, though.
I still have a hand-me-down phone she gave me two upgrades ago. It has chew marks on it where her mother's dog got a hold of it. But since I use a cell phone maybe twice a month, I have no desire for a new one.
We both geek out over things, but not always the same things. Keeps it interesting. In the meantime, I'm keeping an eye on that phone. For the sake of us all...
Comments:
<< Home
We both geek out over things, but not always the same things. Keeps it interesting. ...: By and large, Paul and I geek out over the same things, and I find it just as interesting. It means we end up drooling over (and buying!) a lot more gadgets than we would if we had vastly different tastes.
Sounds like Cartman's trapper keeper on South Park.
Also, if you ever get a call that say "Resistance is futile", then you know the next thing am that two metal probes will inject you neck and at that point you might as well just start building that regeneration cubical in the cargo bay.
Post a Comment
Also, if you ever get a call that say "Resistance is futile", then you know the next thing am that two metal probes will inject you neck and at that point you might as well just start building that regeneration cubical in the cargo bay.
<< Home

