Friday, February 10, 2006

 

Hey man, is that Freedom Rock?

Iran cartoon contest...

TEHRAN: Iran's largest selling newspaper yesterday announced it was holding a contest on cartoons of the Holocaust in response to the caricatures uproar. "It will be an international cartoon contest about the Holocaust," said Farid Mortazavi, the graphics editor for Hamshahri newspaper - which is published by Tehran's conservative municipality. He said the plan was to turn the tables on the assertion that newspapers can print offensive material in the name of freedom of expression. Gulf Daily News, Bahrain - Feb 6, 2006

Well, it's more mature than burning down an embassy, or dying in a riot. But Iran's leader said recently the Holocaust didn't happen... so (in their minds) they're holding a contest to see who can best mock a fictional event.


The forecast for Saturday is snow. We're debating whether or not to go to the river. If we stay, we'll watch dejectedly as we get less than an inch. If we go, we'll get 10 inches here and a layer of ice down there. Not the most pleasant driving conditions on Sunday. "Decisions, decisions...Ha! Pay me!" (Quote from the game of Life commercial, circa when I was an impressionable kid.)

Comments:
Yaaaaay snow! Snow snow snow! This is the most excited I've been about weather since ... well, since the last time we got a decent amount of snow! (And that was December 2004, if you were wondering.)
 
Well turn it up, man!

If snow falls, I'm staying inside my non-crystalline Fortress of Solitude eating fried cheese and watching a buttload of laserdiscs. If Em can be convinced she must walk Arf, then it'll be a perfect weekend :-)
 
Gah, we were discussing the comics in my Islam class this week. I still haven't seen them...but if they're THIS upset over it, I'm not sure I want to.
 
"Hey babe! We'll be back to pick you up later!"


DANGIT! NO, that Mr. Microphone!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?