Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Are you sure that was decaf?
Felt like I had chills last night, so I made a cup af decaf and got in the tub (after filling it with water. Don't imagine I was just sitting in an empty tub with my clothes on, okay?). I finished the first Dark Tower book, and feel like I got through the exposition. Now on to the story. Read 150 pages of the second book immediately after. The story really picks up in book two. Kate: Yes, I recommend started them again if you get the notion. The first one is a little plodding, but hey, at least he broke the story into seven books, instead of three dense ones (Tolkien, I'm looking at you.) And Lauren, the books aren't horror. The story is basically a knight's quest, with the knight played by a cowboy from an alternate universe, or possibly our world in the future, like in Planet of the Apes. In other words, not scary. More action/adventure/fantasy.
I've been watching King of Vegas on Spike TV on Tuesday nights. Masters of different casino games come together and play all the games (craps, blackjack, roulette, etc.), so the odds favor different players on each game. Unlike World Series of Poker, this show is full of trash talkers. They chose a good mix of people to play. Each week another person is eliminated (by losing all their money is sudden death at Texas Hold 'Em). The ultimate winner gets a million dollars.
Where does one go to get a watch battery installed? Certainly not Radio Shack, but unless there's some ancient watch place around here, I can't think of who would do it. Do they even sell watch batteries anymore? Or has our society reached the point where we throw watches away when the battery dies, like we do with most TVs and microwaves, when it's more expensive to fix than to buy a new one.
After I got out of the tub, I made another cup of decaf. I don't know if the label lied, but I was awake most of the night, not with job stress, or illness. I was just wired, and I think it was on caffeine.
I hope De, after getting a taste of the underpantsless lifestyle, came to his senses and put some on after the weekend. I worry about these things.
I've been watching King of Vegas on Spike TV on Tuesday nights. Masters of different casino games come together and play all the games (craps, blackjack, roulette, etc.), so the odds favor different players on each game. Unlike World Series of Poker, this show is full of trash talkers. They chose a good mix of people to play. Each week another person is eliminated (by losing all their money is sudden death at Texas Hold 'Em). The ultimate winner gets a million dollars.
Where does one go to get a watch battery installed? Certainly not Radio Shack, but unless there's some ancient watch place around here, I can't think of who would do it. Do they even sell watch batteries anymore? Or has our society reached the point where we throw watches away when the battery dies, like we do with most TVs and microwaves, when it's more expensive to fix than to buy a new one.
After I got out of the tub, I made another cup of decaf. I don't know if the label lied, but I was awake most of the night, not with job stress, or illness. I was just wired, and I think it was on caffeine.
I hope De, after getting a taste of the underpantsless lifestyle, came to his senses and put some on after the weekend. I worry about these things.
Comments:
<< Home
I used to have the local jeweler replace my watch batteries in the days when I wore a watch.
As for conforming to an underpants-wearing society, I can safely say that I am back in the fold of mediocrity. Commando is no longer a lifestyle choice.
As for conforming to an underpants-wearing society, I can safely say that I am back in the fold of mediocrity. Commando is no longer a lifestyle choice.
Watch battery died last night. I am completely OCD about my watch (that's not an exaggeration), and considered running to Wal-Mart to buy a new battery. When Paul told me that'd be "excessive" because it was 11 p.m., I spent half an hour digging through stuff looking for another watch. Any store with a jewelry section should be able to change one; many will do it free of charge.
Next time I decide to read something not related to work (ha. ha ha.), I'll pick up DT. But I know how it ends, and that ruins it for me.
Next time I decide to read something not related to work (ha. ha ha.), I'll pick up DT. But I know how it ends, and that ruins it for me.
I've been waiting for my watch battery to die for four years. The watch only cost $5 to begin with, so I'd feel kind of silly going to the jewlery store to have it replaced. "Hi, this is my shitty watch, can you replace the battery?"
Post a Comment
<< Home

