Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Music Glutton
We're doing some new year cleaning and organizing at chez Smacky and Lola, emptying some straggler boxes that mocked us for most of 2005. I have a box of "second tier" CDs I need to sell, trade in, or whatever. These are CDs I like, but did not put on my iPod due to space limitations. Well, since I received the new iPod for Christmas, I now have four times the space available, so I said "what the heck," and added 146 songs last night. Elvis Costello, the Smiths, Peter Tosh, Django Reinhardt, and Poe (the band with the female singer, not the Baltimore poet of the same name) were called up to the majors. Now I'm floating through memories of when these songs meant enough to me to consider them first tier. It's good to have them back. I've reclaimed them from obscurity. Of course, I'm still going to sell them, or trade them in. Sorry.
Comments:
<< Home
I'm in the same boat as you, my friend. There are a ton of discs at Casa Baisch that I bought because I thought they were cool at the time, but haven't bothered to pull down from the shelf in years. Bands like The Living End, Orgy, and Rammstein. I'll go hang my head in shame now.
Post a Comment
<< Home


