Monday, January 09, 2006

 

Coca Cola Black Cherry Vanilla: A Review

I'm always a fan of adding weird flavors to sodas, so I picked up the new Coca Cola Black Cherry Vanilla (wanted the diet, actually, but they were sold out.) I'm opening it now, so let's see if it's a winner:

Smell: I smell the black cherry, with a hint of vanilla. So far, so good.

Initial Taste: First taste is like regular Coke. I'm not used to the sugar-infused kind anymore, as I did the math and realized I could drink 150 diet sodas to one regular and it was a no-brainer, so the sugar may be throwing me.

Second taste: Much stronger black cherry taste. MUCH STRONGER. That's more like it.

Third taste: Vanilla aftertaste. How do they do that?

Overall: This is a heavily flavored soda, and as such, requires a commitment. I have high hopes for the diet version of this, however, so I'll let you know when I find it.


(Weekend was relaxing, obviously. We watched Must Love Dogs, which my wife got from Netflix. She loves John Cusack. The movie was "chicky," but could have been so much worse. Thumbs up as a rental.)

I also received the World Series of Poker game for Playstation 2 for Christmas, and I finally removed the cellophane and played a few tables of Texas Hold 'Em. It confirmed my belief that I will NEVER play poker for money. One time I beat all other players at the table and feel great about my abilities, then at the next table I go out in last place, losing $1,000 in a single hand. Fun game, but thank goodness I wasn't online playing for real cash.

Comments:
If you dig flavored sodas, then I have some turkey and gravy soda with your name on it!
 
Yeah... I have limits!
 
At risk of sounding too serious, I need mention here that diet sodas may actually be worse than non-diet, strangely enough.

Especially for people like me, with aversion to artificial sugars and stuff like that.

Stevia is *so far* a better alternative. No, I'm not affiliated with that thing, never even tried it before. But I read reviews that say nada side-effects *so far*.

Might wanna look it up, jus' in case. ;)

Oh yeah..I posted a comment on the earlier post too. Hope u like it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?