Friday, December 02, 2005

 

tree trimming, dinosaurs, and poker

This weekend we'll be decorating our Christmas tree. This usually means Laura telling me the Star Wars and superhero ornaments look better on the side of the tree facing the wall. I think maybe she's just trying to hide them!

She's been really stressed at work. Meanwhile, I'm editing a book on dinosaur fossils and really enjoying it. When work entails reading about things I would have chosen to read about in my free time away from the office, it's a pretty sweet deal.

It's going to be attack of the early 30-somethings at the river this Christmas. Laura's 3 sisters are all officially paired with men, 2 married and 1 cohabitating. All of them are coming to visit sometime over the holiday, bringing their men with them. So many holidays being outnumbered at least 4 to 1 women to men, and it's starting to even out. We should be able to get some good poker games going. It will be a nice change from Laura's mom, who never bluffs. When she bets big, we all fold, because she has a fantastic hand. She NEVER bluffs. Doesn't understand the concept. She may as well play with her cards face-up on the table.

Comments:
Are you sure her mom isn't just setting you guys up for a fall later on? "Muahaha... for the past 10 years I've played it straight. They'll never see it coming..."
 
That would definitely be having the long view.
 
Ha ha, Kate, that's exactly what I was thinking!

...you have Star Wars ornaments?! Kick ass!
 
You watch out!! Mom-in-law going to take you shirt one of these days.

mmmMMMMmmmmmpokershirt....

How many Star Wars ornaments you got? Currently me am up to about 29 Star Trek ornaments.

Some of 'em talk!
"Shuttle craft to Enterprise, Shuttle craft to Enterprise, Spock here, happy holidays, live long and prosper."
 
**Le sigh**

I miss my early Star Trek ornaments. Had to sell them during my first divorce so I could buy a bed.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?