Tuesday, December 13, 2005

 

Sidekick!

Well, the couple haven't emailed back, so I don't know what's up. Did they figure it out themselves, or are they waiting until later in the week to ask me to come over? I'd like to get it over with, so I'm hoping for a response sometime soon. Maybe I'll just use my key and break in... naaaaaaaaah.

We received Sky High from Netflix, so I watched it last night (Laura passed). It was very funny. Cast included Kurt Russell, Bruce Campbell, Lynda Carter, and two of the Kids in the Hall, which made the geek in me very happy. The movie actually had intelligent dialogue that I know went over a lot of kids' heads, so it was nice that the writers considered adults when they wrote the script. In one scene, the school nurse (played by Cloris Leachman) is talking to a student concerned that his super powers haven't kicked in yet (puberty metaphor?). She tells him,


"The kids who are bitten by radioactive insects, or fall in a vat of toxic waste, get their powers as soon as the very next day.

Or... they die..."


Nice Spider-man reference.

(Today's entry title "Sidekick!" comes from the movie as well. Bruce Campbell plays Coach Boomer. On the first day of school he assesses each kid's power and assigns which track he or she will follow: Hero or Sidekick (the sidekick teacher prefers to call it "Hero Support.")

Good for a rental.

Borders sent me a 30% off coupon, and I'm thinking of picking this book up after work. Never hurts to be prepared, and you know DC will be a prime target when the robot revolution begins.

Comments:
Another movie to rent and book to read. I swear you're bad for my pocketbook with all these reviews. (However, Blockbuster and B&N think you're doing your job for American consumerism and hope you keep up the good work.)
 
"and you know DC will be a prime target when the robot revolution begins. "

Sorry/Happy to tell you, but no. Me have it on best of authority that DC am NOT very big target in first wave of revolution. What they want first am places like Urbana-Champaign, NORAD, Silicon Valley, Disney animatronics lab, Lucas Digital as well as Industrial Light and Magic, and bout 50 or 60 heavy industry automotive plants. THEN they get around to taking over governments and enslaving human race. How me know all this? Me am Monstee! Me am in same union with monster type robots and they never quit squawking bout it. It am human slave this and bloodbath that and damn Asimov's 'Laws of Robotics'! They like a broken record.

Good luck with that guys!
 
::sigh:: i haven't seen Sky High yet..

Btw, if u really want to get super powers..the more deadly the encounter, the more powerful the ensuing character.

First off, Captain America gets injected with a super serum. Big deal. Extra muscles w/a sexy apollonian physique, greater than human strength and world class gymnastic talent.

Daredevil gets toxic waste thrown in his face, and can hear sounds far beyond that of mortal ken. Other side effects include a heightened sense of touch and ability to function almost normally without sight.

After getting bitten by said radioactive spider, Peter Parker transforms into a <150lbs man who can crush steel with his bare hands, stick to walks, hear high frequency sounds, heightened reflexes ala Matrix and best of all, release huge wads of sticky fluid using only his fingers(sorry guys, couldn't resist) ;)

Finally, Bruce Banner is experimented with as a child(child endangerment, anyone?) and is for all practical purposes a mutant of the human species, then gets blasted with lethal levels of gamma radiation, transforming him into the strongest living creature on earth, perhaps only rivalled by DC's Superman, if any! Oh yeah, don't forget the regeneration ability which makes comparing Wolverine to him like comparing Average Joe to Riddick.

So technically, radiation therapy is the way to go. What can I say? I loooovve super-hero stuff!

NTBTS (Not To Be Taken Seriously)
 
Sky High...was good? All I've heard from customers was how much they hated it! ...but, then again, Kangaroo Jack is STILL one of the top children's movie rentals.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?