Friday, December 16, 2005

 

Ribs are on us!

Yesterday I discovered a link to the Entertainment book, the one you buy for $40 that has two-for-one meal coupons for tons of local restaurants. The link allowed me to create a log-in and print coupons without having to purchase the book. The only catch is that they expire at the end of December. I suppose it's like a store having a private sale, and then on the last day they let the general public in. We went to Front Page, where I had the Thursday night special: ribs, fries, cole slaw and a Sam Adams. With the coupon, my meal cost 95 cents.

Today is "free book" day at our office. Publishers from all over send books as samples, to get reviews, for publicity, etc. The books fill up a large room, and those books are given away twice a year. Since I get in at 7 each morning, I help set up the room. As payment, I'm allowed to make a pass at the books when we're done (and three hours before the rest of the office). I usually find a few good books for me, and a few books for presents to other people in the family. Today was no different, and with Christmas in a week, the timing was great. I didn't see your book, Kate. When do we get a free copy of that one?

Now I have a few more gifts to wrap tonight. Tomorrow morning we're heading to my hometown to do Christmas a week early with all my family. Then one more week of work, and then off from the 24th through January 3rd. Whooo!

Comments:
95 cents??!!

Pretty good! Pret-ty Pret-ty good!
 
Jerry Reed! Don and Mike rock so much.
 
Can I charge you shipping and handling? Seriously, what's your address? Let me know and I'll drop a copy your way. Then you can laugh at the copy editor who came behind me. ::grumbles:: (I was told that's what second printings were for.)
 
Usually meals that cost less than a dollar come with a side of food poisoning.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?