Thursday, December 01, 2005
Holiday Time!
Holy crap, it's December 1! Time to submit for vacation time. I've drawn up my battle plan with the calendar, and I believe I'll take a total of 5 days, but with holidays and weekends, it will come to 11 days off. Yes.
New month, new iPod playlist! First 12 songs on random play:
A Smile in a Whisper by Fairground Attraction
99 Red Balloons by Nena
Roller Derby Queen by Jim Croce
Afternoon Delight by Starland Vocal Band (forgive me)
New York City by They Might Be Giants
Empty by The Cranberries
I Couldn't Love You More by Sade
Nights on Broadway by Bee Gees
The Show Must Go On by Queen
Don't Talk to Me About Love by Altered Images
Joining a Fan Club by Puffy AmiYumi
Another Day by Sophie Ellis-Bextor
What kind of mood was I in when I put this playlist together?
I promise I used to enjoy harder music. In college I listened to Zepplin, Hendrix, NIN, etc. I'm leaning toward more poppy music nowadays for a variety of possible reasons: (a) Maybe I'm suffering loud music hearing loss, (b) Maybe I'm getting horribly old and I don't understand what the kids listen to today, with their rap-metal bands of angry white guys who can't spell (Limp Bizkit? WTF?!?), (c) Maybe I'm not impressed by bands today (e.g. the Killers, the Strokes, the Darkness) because I already know the music of the bands that they're emulating (Buzzcocks, Ramones, Queen), or (d) Maybe I've just become totally lame.
Where's my belt?
"The streets are paved with diamonds and there's just so much to see / But the best thing about New York City is (BANG BANG) you and me."
There. It's off my chest. Now the other drivers don't have to wonder anymore.
Also, the worst thing about the Strokes isn't their music, it's that their album covers cause seizures.
<< Home

