Thursday, December 08, 2005
Do we hafta?
I never feel more like a little kid than when my wife drags me out gift shopping followed by a long trip to the grocery store. Three hours total spent shopping for random items, and I was ready to lay down in the aisle and start weeping. There's a definite reason she goes to the grocery store alone. I don't have the patience to do it.
It's also at times like that, deep in the bowels of Harris Teeter, that the words from my past come to mind. Numerous teachers in high school wrote "Needs to use class time more effectively" on my report cards. Likewise, an employer once called me into her office and said "You're very good at what you like to do, and not so good at what you don't like to do."
But then we hit the beer aisle and the voices shut up and let me pick a beer.
It's also at times like that, deep in the bowels of Harris Teeter, that the words from my past come to mind. Numerous teachers in high school wrote "Needs to use class time more effectively" on my report cards. Likewise, an employer once called me into her office and said "You're very good at what you like to do, and not so good at what you don't like to do."
But then we hit the beer aisle and the voices shut up and let me pick a beer.
Comments:
<< Home
Tomorrow, Paul can weep with you. He doesn't know it yet, but I'm taking him out shopping tonight. I knew if I told him in advance we were going out for presents, he'd find a reason to stay late at work ... and that wouldn't be any fun, now would it?
Perhaps I can ply him with dinner at his favorite restaurant as a reward.
Post a Comment
Perhaps I can ply him with dinner at his favorite restaurant as a reward.
<< Home

