Friday, December 23, 2005
Ch-ch-ch, Ha-ha-ha
Last day of work for 2005! I had thought all my spring books were either with the authors for revision or already with production. But yesterday my boss asked if I could handle another manuscript, so I have something else to do. It's just proof that I rock so much at my job that I can take on another project. Bring it on! I welcome you, book about genetics. Let's dance.
OH! Great news (great for me, anyway)! I tore the house apart looking for the extra VW key, and after an hour, I was completely out of ideas. I was starting to think, "maybe I should check inside all my shoes..." when it occurred to me to check my computer backpack. The one with the 12 pouches. The pouches I never look in. The pouches that hold: a magazine from 1991 about Twin Peaks, a roll of mints, two cough drops, a wireless mouse, two CDs, a Tetris game, and... THE VW KEYS! Yes, I said keys, plural. When I bought the car (Carmax), they promised it would come with two keys, but they had misplaced one. So they gave me a voucher to have the dealership code a new key for me. After this was complete, I was lifting up the front seats to put something in the back, and resting in the track of the passenger seat was the extra key they had lost. Since the code had been changed, the key won't operate the car anymore, but I kept it because it costs $150, and I may need to have it coded someday; you never know. Yay! I'm slightly less paranoid now!
Laura gave me an early Christmas present last night, since I was so nice to loan my car to her sister (I saved my hardcore whining for the blog): Crystal Lake Memories--The Complete History of Friday the 13th. I'm not a manic fan of the series, but I certainly enjoy the movies, and Tom Savani did the effects on a few of them, so I wanted this book for some time. It's a HUGE book, definitely coffee table size, though probably not appropriate for the coffee table. Tons of pictures, interviews with everyone involved, including Corey Feldman and Crispin Glover. I'm looking forward to settling down with a cup of eggnog by the Christmas tree and reading.
Well, I'll be taking my laptop to the river, but it's still the land of dial-up (it's the country), so my posts will be a little sporadic. I'll definitely have stories to share though.
Health and happiness to everyone. I feel like giving out some hugs. Guess I'd better wait until after work! Did I mention that 90% of the office took the day off today, and I've been alone here for an hour? Echo-co-co-co-co... Yep, still alone. Peace!
OH! Great news (great for me, anyway)! I tore the house apart looking for the extra VW key, and after an hour, I was completely out of ideas. I was starting to think, "maybe I should check inside all my shoes..." when it occurred to me to check my computer backpack. The one with the 12 pouches. The pouches I never look in. The pouches that hold: a magazine from 1991 about Twin Peaks, a roll of mints, two cough drops, a wireless mouse, two CDs, a Tetris game, and... THE VW KEYS! Yes, I said keys, plural. When I bought the car (Carmax), they promised it would come with two keys, but they had misplaced one. So they gave me a voucher to have the dealership code a new key for me. After this was complete, I was lifting up the front seats to put something in the back, and resting in the track of the passenger seat was the extra key they had lost. Since the code had been changed, the key won't operate the car anymore, but I kept it because it costs $150, and I may need to have it coded someday; you never know. Yay! I'm slightly less paranoid now!
Laura gave me an early Christmas present last night, since I was so nice to loan my car to her sister (I saved my hardcore whining for the blog): Crystal Lake Memories--The Complete History of Friday the 13th. I'm not a manic fan of the series, but I certainly enjoy the movies, and Tom Savani did the effects on a few of them, so I wanted this book for some time. It's a HUGE book, definitely coffee table size, though probably not appropriate for the coffee table. Tons of pictures, interviews with everyone involved, including Corey Feldman and Crispin Glover. I'm looking forward to settling down with a cup of eggnog by the Christmas tree and reading.Well, I'll be taking my laptop to the river, but it's still the land of dial-up (it's the country), so my posts will be a little sporadic. I'll definitely have stories to share though.
Health and happiness to everyone. I feel like giving out some hugs. Guess I'd better wait until after work! Did I mention that 90% of the office took the day off today, and I've been alone here for an hour? Echo-co-co-co-co... Yep, still alone. Peace!
Comments:
<< Home
You sure are in an animated holiday spirit this morning! I hope you and Laura have a great Christmas and a relaxing weekend at the river. Just don't take the genetics book along. I'm all about working holidays, but it can wait until after new year's.
The book could be appropriate for a coffee table, but it depends on who the coffee table belongs to. Merry Christmas, Smacky! Hope you have an awesome holiday and a happy new year!
Happiest of holidays, Smackmeister! Remember to eat a lot of fiber tonight so Mr. Hankey can pay you a visit.
Hey Smacky!
When ur free do check my latest post and tell me if u know where to download stuff like dat?
Thanks. ;)
Post a Comment
When ur free do check my latest post and tell me if u know where to download stuff like dat?
Thanks. ;)
<< Home


