Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

This is your brain on drugs... apparently calm and sedate.

So wait, I thought crystal meth made you excited, agitated, and possibly psychotic?


ATLANTA (AP) - Ashley Smith, the woman who says she persuaded suspected courthouse gunman Brian Nichols to release her by talking about her faith, discloses in a new book that she gave him methamphetamine during the hostage ordeal.

The man was an escaped convict, and had killed four people in his escape. Was giving him meth a good idea? In light of that, I'm surprised the guy gave up so easily. If he was wired, you'd think he would have fought. Maybe it had worn off and he was tired? Shrug. I don't know much about these new cheap drugs.




Comments:
Her: And if you just accept Jesus into your heart-
Him: Do you have any meth in your purse?
Her: Yeah, I've got an extra stash for just these situations.
 
Yeah, I was hesitant to say that. She was held up as a hero, and is writng a book called "Unlikely Angel," and she gave him meth THEN started talking to him about God.

I'm not sure there's even a word to describe this situation. It's not exactly irony. Perhaps some long German word...like Shneizenfraulhendmacher.
 
Hey, I applaud her for getting out of this alive, even if her methods were non-kosher. (I think I'd probably crack in that situation.)

By the way, early meth use (or use after a long period of withdrawal) mimics the effects of MDMA, a.k.a. Ecstasy. So you're open, loving, caring, whatever. It's after long-term use that meth-heads develop schizophrenic-like psychoses.

Just call me the queen of all obscure knowledge. ;)
 
Not that I've ever tried meth, but the one time I tried meth, I started pretending I was a ghost and running laps around my house.
 
It's not exactly irony? Me don't know about that.

Q: How did meth head get away from murderous escaped convict who kidnapped her?
A: By talking abut Jesus.

...yeah, me think that's irony.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?