Thursday, September 01, 2005
Stay on Target---Gold Leader (RIP)
Thanks for the well wishes, everybody! We had a nice anniversary, our second as a married couple. De, I went with the theme of paper for the second anniversary. I bought her a print of the painting on the left a few years ago, and it's been sitting in a closet ever since, as it's an unusual size you couldn't frame yourself. I took it to a frame place about a month ago and had it double matted, in a nice frame, with non-glare, museum quality UV-filtering nonfade glass. (OOOOOOOOH...is there a glass anniversary, because the glass is the neatest part of what I just described). It's by Wayne Thiebaud and is called "Cakes" (sort of a literal guy, huh?). You can learn more about him here: Ten Things About Thiebaud. The list is from the National Gallery of Art school lesson plan called Frosted Fractions. They use the painting to teach math through cake slices! How cool is that? We also gave a few other things to each other (she wrote me a poem, which I don't feel like sharing here, but it was very sweet) and had a nice dinner out.
Yesterday morning the air conditioner repairman was scheduled to meet one of us at our other house to check something out between 8 and 12. My wife worked from home and waited for the call. At 11:55 she still hadn't heard anything, so I called them up. The woman gasped and said "I'm sorry. I thought there was only 30 days in August, so I wrote September 1 on the schedule thinking that was today!" So the entire time she waited, the guy was scheduled to come by the next day. Now when the guy calls this morning, I have to leave work and go meet him, basically taking a lunch hour at 8am. Whatever.
Two more days of work (and likely a conference call on Tuesday of my vacation!) before stuff gets put on hold for our end-of-summer festival of slacking off.
Comments:
<< Home
"I'm sorry. I thought there was only 30 days in August, so I wrote September 1 on the schedule thinking that was today!"
D'oh! Somebody teach the lady, "Thirty days hath September..." etc.
Post a Comment
D'oh! Somebody teach the lady, "Thirty days hath September..." etc.
<< Home

