Thursday, September 22, 2005
Out tomorrow
I'm rather tense today about a book project. I was on the phone with the author yesterday for an hour going over pages. More changes to come in next round. I want this to be done soon. People have already ordered the book! Ahhhhhgh... It'll all work out. We have a great production department that can often work miracles, and with only a small amount of grumbling.
Tomorrow morning I have to get up around dawn and drive 2.5 hours to an all-day training on a computer program. The location of the training puts me within an hour of my hometown, so I'm going to continue south after and visit the parents. I'm thinking of driving back home on Saturday afternoon and surprising my wife with dinner somewhere nice. I'll probably come home and she'll be out all evening with her girlfriends though. My surprises don't always work out as planned.
I can't believe Toybiz is making a Taskmaster figure. Besides the fact that he lost every time he fought a good guy, he has one of the more inventive powers. He has photographic reflexes, meaning he can watch someone do something and repeat the same movements perfectly. Why he didn't just watch hours of Hendrix, Clapton, and others and become a rock god is a mystery to me, but he chose to become a villain. For an obscure character, he has enough fans to merit a website (taskmastersite.com) not that everyone on the planet doesn't have a page devoted to them somewhere on the 'net. I don't read comics much anymore (at least not individual comics), but Taskmaster was always a favorite of mine. He could throw a shield like Captain America, use ninja skills like Daredevil, and shoot an arrow like Hawkeye. Why did he always lose?!?
Tomorrow morning I have to get up around dawn and drive 2.5 hours to an all-day training on a computer program. The location of the training puts me within an hour of my hometown, so I'm going to continue south after and visit the parents. I'm thinking of driving back home on Saturday afternoon and surprising my wife with dinner somewhere nice. I'll probably come home and she'll be out all evening with her girlfriends though. My surprises don't always work out as planned.
I can't believe Toybiz is making a Taskmaster figure. Besides the fact that he lost every time he fought a good guy, he has one of the more inventive powers. He has photographic reflexes, meaning he can watch someone do something and repeat the same movements perfectly. Why he didn't just watch hours of Hendrix, Clapton, and others and become a rock god is a mystery to me, but he chose to become a villain. For an obscure character, he has enough fans to merit a website (taskmastersite.com) not that everyone on the planet doesn't have a page devoted to them somewhere on the 'net. I don't read comics much anymore (at least not individual comics), but Taskmaster was always a favorite of mine. He could throw a shield like Captain America, use ninja skills like Daredevil, and shoot an arrow like Hawkeye. Why did he always lose?!?
