Monday, August 01, 2005
My new best friend the dentist
Well, not really, but for the amount of money I'll be giving him, you'd think he was a buddy or a family member hard up for cash! The dentist appointment was painless on Friday, but only because we scheduled a series of painful visits to come. This coming Friday at 10:30 I'll be getting a crown (after they demolish the existing tooth, of course). In fact, I'll ultimately be getting several crowns. One of them is totally not my fault. A cavity formed under a filling. How can you brush there? I got the lecture about how it probably could have been avoided if I didn't wait three years between appointments. (Duh) That's true, of course. And I brushed my teeth too hard. It's counter-intuitive. When you scrub a floor, you don't gently rub it to clean it, yet that's what you're supposed to do with your teeth. Sigh.
So I left the dentist office as I always do: with a vague sense of guilt.
On Saturday morning I went into town to run an errand. I got to the small town at 8:30 and the place I needed to go didn't open until 10. It's difficult to waste an hour and a half in a small town when very little is open. I ended up browsing Dollar General, a discount store in which everything is generic/seriously pushing the expiration date. The store takes Discover card, food stamps, and cash. I had $3.00 on me (and no Discover card or food stamps). What to get? I glanced at the sad looking book rack and gave it a twirl. Something caught my eye and I turned it back around. I picked up Who Killed Bob Crane? and read the back cover. The former star of Hogan's Heroes spent the last years of his life working the dinner theater circuit and feeding his sex addiction. He took pictures and videos of women while having sex, and was found one morning on his dirty hotel bed with his head bashed. I recalled that story, but decided for a dollar, I could read more about it. I finished the book Sunday afternoon. I think I'll rent that movie now and see how they portray everything. The cast seems right based on the character descriptions in the book.
So I left the dentist office as I always do: with a vague sense of guilt.
On Saturday morning I went into town to run an errand. I got to the small town at 8:30 and the place I needed to go didn't open until 10. It's difficult to waste an hour and a half in a small town when very little is open. I ended up browsing Dollar General, a discount store in which everything is generic/seriously pushing the expiration date. The store takes Discover card, food stamps, and cash. I had $3.00 on me (and no Discover card or food stamps). What to get? I glanced at the sad looking book rack and gave it a twirl. Something caught my eye and I turned it back around. I picked up Who Killed Bob Crane? and read the back cover. The former star of Hogan's Heroes spent the last years of his life working the dinner theater circuit and feeding his sex addiction. He took pictures and videos of women while having sex, and was found one morning on his dirty hotel bed with his head bashed. I recalled that story, but decided for a dollar, I could read more about it. I finished the book Sunday afternoon. I think I'll rent that movie now and see how they portray everything. The cast seems right based on the character descriptions in the book.
Comments:
<< Home
The office just got a decent dental discount plan (no dental insurance, but deep price cuts, so I guess that's okay). I'm dreading making the appointment because it's been a couple of years.
Okay, three years. Three frickin' years. And a broken tooth for the last eight months.
Why the heck did you have to post about your upcoming appointment(s) and fuel my anxieties? >_<
Okay, three years. Three frickin' years. And a broken tooth for the last eight months.
Why the heck did you have to post about your upcoming appointment(s) and fuel my anxieties? >_<
Hey, three years? Join the club. About four years ago I had a double root canal. A DOUBLE ROOT CANAL. I didn't even know what that was, except that it kinda hurt, took a long time, and cost a fortune (even with insurance).
I'm sure you'll be fine though ;-)
Post a Comment
I'm sure you'll be fine though ;-)
<< Home

