Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Mile(stone) Markers
I saw someone do this in another blog, and thought I'd do it too, as an interesting time waster.
Where I was...
25 years ago: Elementary school, probably getting in trouble for talking.
20 years ago: Middle school, probably slicing my thumb open in that shop class I was forced to take.
15 years ago: Starting college, losing my virginity to a girl who always wanted to get drunk before having sex (as a way of alleviating the Catholic guilt).
10 years ago: Working in a warehouse, dating a coworker ten years older than me. Heck of a good use of a college degree, huh?
5 years ago: Finishing up 27 months in Africa.
3 years ago: Engaged, two kittens, figuring out the best way to quit a very stressful job.
2 years ago: Just married, puppy, found much better job, building a house.
1 year ago: At current job.
Yesterday: Work, then laying on sofa with a cat watching a movie.
Today: Work.
I suppose if you're a cynic, the graph of this would show a rise and fall, with the x-axis showing time, and the y-axis showing amount of travel and adventure.
I see it as a bar graph, steadily getting larger as it moves to the right, representing the amount of love in my life. (Sorry if that causes you to involuntarily gag!)
Where I was...
25 years ago: Elementary school, probably getting in trouble for talking.
20 years ago: Middle school, probably slicing my thumb open in that shop class I was forced to take.
15 years ago: Starting college, losing my virginity to a girl who always wanted to get drunk before having sex (as a way of alleviating the Catholic guilt).
10 years ago: Working in a warehouse, dating a coworker ten years older than me. Heck of a good use of a college degree, huh?
5 years ago: Finishing up 27 months in Africa.
3 years ago: Engaged, two kittens, figuring out the best way to quit a very stressful job.
2 years ago: Just married, puppy, found much better job, building a house.
1 year ago: At current job.
Yesterday: Work, then laying on sofa with a cat watching a movie.
Today: Work.
I suppose if you're a cynic, the graph of this would show a rise and fall, with the x-axis showing time, and the y-axis showing amount of travel and adventure.
I see it as a bar graph, steadily getting larger as it moves to the right, representing the amount of love in my life. (Sorry if that causes you to involuntarily gag!)
Comments:
<< Home
I'll make this quick ...
25 years ago: Birth.
[snip out elementary school, high school, college, marriage]
Today: Work.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up. ::grins::
Post a Comment
25 years ago: Birth.
[snip out elementary school, high school, college, marriage]
Today: Work.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up. ::grins::
<< Home

