Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

Where are my role models?

Running errands, making appointments, working, cutting grass, the "check engine" light is still on in my car, and I'm getting nagged by my dentist because I haven't been in quite a while. And I just realized that I read the flyer wrong and Bruce Campbell will not be doing a book signing a block from my office, but will be all the damnhell away across town.

Whine whine. But hey, at least my 20-years-older-than-me boyfriend isn't pressuring me to convert to his "religion." Poor Katie. I hope she's getting a lot of money for this from the studios. I hope that they go so far with it that they actually marry, it lasts about six months, then he leaves her for whichever actress is in his next mediocre movie. (Geez, angry about nothing much, smacky?)

Ooooh, but here's some good news: "Himalaya," premiering 9 p.m. EST June 20 on the Travel Channel, chronicles Michael Palin's six-month journey over the Khyber Pass from Pakistan to Afghanistan and then into India, Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and Burma. I love his travel shows.

Apparently, Michael Jackson's official website has a new Flash opening: "...the phrases 'Martin Luther King is born,' 'The Berlin Wall falls,' 'Nelson Mandela is freed,' and finally, 'June 13, 2005, Remember this date for it is a part of HIStory.'" Yeah, they'll be celebrating this day five years from now during Black History Month. I don't think so. You also have to love how the verdict of his child molestation trial is as important as the falling of the BERLIN WALL. Wow, I'm so glad I was alive to witness live footage of his bronco going home after the trial. I'll always remember where I was when I saw it. (Are we still at war with anyone? You don't hear much about that anymore. Is DeLay still a douchbag? Will the Patriot Act be quietly renewed, chipping away at the Constitution a little more? Who cares. Let's hear more about Jackson and Cruise!)

Good advice: Don't be like Burt Reynolds. If you're dating someone, don't promise "to maintain her lifestyle and take care of her mother indefinitely, even if the relationship ended. She also said he promised to give her half of his estate in Jupiter, Florida." Now really, who does that?

"I'll take care of your mother."
"Even if we break up?"
"Huh? Uh, yeah, suuuure. And take half my Florida estate too."
"Thanks, Burt."



Sigh. Wow, that felt good. Sometimes you need to vent on dumb celebrities with over-inflated senses of their self-importance.

Comments:
"Good advice. Don't be like Burt Reynolds." Funniest effing thing I've read all day.
 
Dude, thanks for the heads up on the Bruce Campbell signings. He's going to be in Memphis in August. Rock on!

Incidentally, how do you possibly have so much time to keep up with celebrity news? Reading your blog is like watching E!, which is kind of creepy.
 
My secret to annoying celebrity news is wtopnews.com. It's all AP stories. Click on the "Entertainment" category and it's all there. It doesn't take long to find the stupid shit people are doing and saying.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?