Monday, June 20, 2005

 

So this is that internet thing people have been talking about!

Wow.


We got wireless DSL at our place over the weekend. Before Saturday, we had been using dial-up.


WOW.


* We can both be online at the same time, in the same room, in different rooms, in the backyard.

* The phone line remains free.

* It's ALWAYS connected. Instantly.

* HOLY SHIT IS IT FAST.


WOW.


Seriously, this is a momentous occasion in our house. It's like riding a rusty bike your entire life and being handed the keys to a very, very fast car. I downloaded a concert in about two minutes. It used to take about 45 minutes.


Saturday afternoon I began assembling some of the IKEA swag. There's more to do, but I made a nice dent in the pile (We bought three bookcases, four storage shelves, two wardrobes, and a storage cabinet). Our house was built in 1930, and has one small closet. One. Now we can put our clothes away.

Sunday we went to her father and stepmother's place for a cookout. We gave him seasons 1 and 2 of Family Guy. They had never seen or heard of the show. Our work is done.

Kate's shameless flirting just won't stop. She's now buying me things. She covered by buying stuff for everyone else, but I can see through that ploy. ;-) Anyway, Kate, I'll try to AIM you this evening. Yes, it's a verb too.

Comments:
Lucky!
 
Since you connection am so fast...

wwwweeeee wwwwwiiiilllllllll pooooossssst sssssslllllloooooooerrrrrrrrrrr fffffffoooooooorrrrrrrrr yyyyyyouuuuuuu!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?