Monday, June 06, 2005

 

meh

The good news: We're getting settled in the new place. Emptied a bunch of boxes, built some shelves, hacked back some crazy bushes, pulled up old carpet, pulled up old linoleum, vacuumed, mopped, collapsed on the sofa.

The bad news: Wife is getting really depressed and stressed we haven't received an offer on the other house yet. But we also haven't lowered the price yet. I think if we lower it, the offers come in and we're done. I thought the original asking price was a little high myself when she and the realtor agreed on it, but I didn't protest more than once since they shot me down. Yet it's not exactly a moment I want to gloat over. This is definitely one time I would have happily been wrong.

To Do:

1) Call pest control. Might as well start off new house treated and bug-free.

2) Call lawn service or you'll be spending all day Saturday cutting the grass.

3) Figure out how to install gas line to stove. Hopefully it's as easy as it seems and I won't blow myself up.

4) Cut grass at other house tomorrow or Wednesday (unless it sells before then. HA!)

Comments:
Funny how the term "getting settled" has such a calm, serene connotation to it.

Having moved three times in three years (small apartment -> big apartment -> house), I know that "getting settled" really means "getting stressed out over accomplishing a ton of things in as little time as possible."

Sounds like you're hanging in there, but I suggest you give Wifey a foot rub to calm her down. Trust me on this one.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?