Wednesday, June 08, 2005

 

I'm not quite dead yet!

Too busy to post much today, but tomorrow I'll have highlights of tonight's gala event at the Renaissance Hotel. C'est tres chic. I know you can't wait.

But I wanted to post this bit of news: Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe denied rumors that he died of heart failure last week, the official Herald newspaper reported on Tuesday. I love our absurd world sometimes...

Comments:
I always have to raise an eyebrow at stories like that -- what does the private media know that the public does not? Is Mugabe really dead? Did the paper mistakenly run a pre-obit? (See here for details.) Or am I just being paranoid?

By the way, if you haven't checked out the (little) note in my blog, good luck tonight. Can't wait to hear all about it. :)
 
Err, one more thing. I know you don't talk about work in your blog, so I won't give it away ... but was your book the one with the initials "SMM" or "TBP"? Because, of course, I'm interested in checking it out.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?