Thursday, June 16, 2005

 

Claims to the most minor of fame

Yesterday after work I climbed a ladder and cleaned the gutters on the garage. The previous owner had NEVER done it. The gutters had about 5 inches of tightly packed black dirt, with plants sprouting out of the top, and a million small ants residing there. Glad I decided to wear gloves. I've spent the last three afternoons cutting two lawns. Finally done for a while. When I was done, we went to Moe's for dinner. Yum, I needed that.

When we got back home, I fired up the laptop and deleted two tired playlists from my iPod and created a new one: Weekend Sailing. 71 songs either mellow or poppy.

Sample of the last five songs that played:
The Only Living Boy in New York, by Simon and Garfunkle
Cherish the Day, by Sade (my mostest favorite song of ALL TIME. I saw her in concert. Sigh...)
Looking for Sparks, by Seafruit (only released one album, but you should look into them.)
Carnival, by the Cardigans
My My My, by Los Pacaminos (a British band that plays Tex-Mex music. And they're fronted by Paul Young of Every Time You Go Away fame. Strange, wonderful stuff.)

We're probably going to (gasp!) stay in town this weekend. We need to go to IKEA for a storage cabinet of some sort, and Sunday we have to go to Laura's father's for a cookout. Father's Day and all that. My parents were kind enough to be away on vacation, so they don't expect us to drive hours and hours to visit. No such luck with her dad.

Well, that means less time on the road, and maybe I can read more than 10 pages a day of my book. Not MY book, just a book I own. That I'm reading. I haven't written a book. I wrote a master's thesis, though. It's about female southern writers and the hunting tradition. Fascinating stuff, I assure you. It's also about 75 pages. (silence. cough.) Someday, someone will use it as a reference in a paper. Perhaps they already have. It's not like I would receive a call if they did. Shrug.

Five bonus cool points if you can find the secret joke I put in this post. Answer in comments and claim your prize!

Comments:
Now, these cool points that you speak of...are they regular cool points or FONZIE cool points. There is a difference.
 
Yo, Mister Editor Man, I can deal with the broken link to Moe's and the miscapitalization of IKEA, et cetera.

But, dude, for all that is good and holy in the world, can't you at least spell Garfunkel?!

P.S. I want cool points, but since I'm criticizing your spelling ability, I'll settle for bitch points.
 
Me know the joke, but me am too cool to want to get points for me knowing so me not going to say!


hehehehehe... cleaning gutters...

BTW: it am nice to here you say that after hard day work you get to say...
"I'm going to Moe's"


hehehehee... British Tex-Mex music...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?